- Cleaning windows provides more natural light to enter the home.
- More natural light creates heat in the winter and decreases electricity bills.
- Cleaning windows regularly prevents residue build up that can lead to greater problems, such as rotting.
- Ultimately cleaning windows regularly is less expensive than replacing old, rotting windows.
How often should I clean my windows?
- The suggested time to clean windows is twice a year – once in the fall and once in the spring.
- Cleaning twice a year prevents residue and grime build up.
Window Cleaning Tips
- Be sure to remove window screens before cleaning windows.
- Use a brush to wipe away dirt and dust before using soap, water and squeegee.
- Remove excess water from squeegee after each stroke.
- If using paper towels, be sure they are lint-free.
View original post 40 more words